Canadian GA fun

Frank Ewald frank_ewald at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 8 19:26:48 CDT 2008

It hasn't started snowing yet, but my season is over. I enjoyed
myself and learned more about taking advantage of the car's
potential. Coming into turn 2 at Mosport with an entry speed of about
145 kph (90 mph) before some braking, and exiting the bottom at speed
between 145 and 152 kph is a rush. Going up the uphill straight the
best I hit was 166 kph (103 mph). Track this year included Mosport's
Grand Prix and also the DDC, Shannonville and Calabogie. Here are
some pics of the car at Calabogie
http://picasaweb.google.ca/largerpictures/Calabogie#
My best time for the season at Mosport was 112.191 and my class
winner was a Miata which ran 108.562. In comparison to a 240 SX with
an L82 running 96's and a Reynard F1000 running 93's on the same
day.  (In August the ALMS series was turning laps in the low 60's).
This is in my NX1600 with it's GA16DE.
Frank