Wassup with se-r.net ?

mike kojima choaderboy2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 10:37:46 CDT 2008

--- Satoru Ohta <ascciicl at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:

> what's wrong with him...  I never liked him, and had
> many fights with
> him on the forums but
> I didn't think he was so crazy..  he needs to go to
> a mental facility....

Basiscaly he was a full 1/3 partner in GFOS which
owned and maintained se-r.net, NPM and sentra.net. We
were working on our new venture motoIQ which was going
to be something really spectacular.

In our estimation he was not contributing on the same
level as the rest of us so the majority shareholders,
myself and Aaron LeBeau decided to give him a smaller
share of the new venture.

He got really angry and stated this lawsuit which has
depleted GFOS of all money so there is no one to pay
the hosting fees or maintain the domain names, hence
everything is off the air and gone.

He is also suing me and Aaron outside GFOS for 5
MILLION dollars and 2 MILLION in puniative damages.  I
figure he has the right to sue in a business dispute
but its dumb when the company only has around 30k in
the bank.  The cost of littigation is way more than
that so that's why I assume he is suing me personaly
which is just plain wrong.

The amount is espeicaly just plain wrong. My net worth
isnt even close to that and I just don't see how you
could sue for that much for a company that never
exsisted.

It might as well be 7 billion dollars.

At one time we offered him all of the assits of GFOS
including his own copy of motoIQ. The only caviet was
that we still had the rights to use the software and
he had to release all of us.  He didnt go for that.
That was caputulating as far as was posible.  It clear
he is out to take everything we own.

It was not even a dispute among the whole NPM group,
every single editor and contributor stands firmly
behind us.  I hope the Nissan comunity does as well.

Its not as frivolus of a lawsuit as the DC pants but
its about 2 levels below that.  So far its cost GFOS
all of its money, caused the comunity to lose a great
resource and loss of domain names, etc and me a whole
lot of money out of my own pocket.

Our legal system gives people a lot of rights which is
great, it also can generate a lot of work and expense
to settle relativly simple disputes.