SE-R Replacement

JaretR1 at aol.com JaretR1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 21:35:51 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/14/2008 10:25:32 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wc701lists at bellsouth.net writes:

was  given a WRX for an "over night test drive" in May 2006 when I was
looking  for a new car.  I ran the SHIT out of in in the 24 hours.  I was
fun off the line, but torqueless in around town driving.  It was
torqueless at highway speed, too.  I bought the RSX-S instead.   It's
also a slug.  Now considering V6 Accord, Miata or BMW  1.

I bought my RSX-S in June of 06.  Yeah, there are quicker cars out  there,
but I genuinely like the car.  Its has the same torque / response as  the SE-R
does, but just screams above 6k RPM.  And it looses nothing until  the rev
limiter kicks in at 8400 RPM!!!  There is just something about  winding a street
car that gets 30 mpg to 8400 RPM that I get a kick out  of.   I also like the
handling of the RSX, limits way above the  Sentra, and still quite predictable
at the limits.

But like Wayne has said in previus posts, its doesn't have the character,
the soul the SE-R has, which is why I still have my SE-R.   Is it the  boxy
styling?  The seats that hug like a bear (RSX Seats look great but  have support
only if one is 5 feet wide)?  The SR20?  The cheap (even  for its day) entry
price?  The fact it can carry 4 sets of tires in the  trunk, plus gear for the
auto x and still win the class ( back in the day, D  Stock baby!!!).  Or maybe
the fact I bought the car when I was 18 brand  new.

Who knows..

V6 accord though?  might as well buy a town car!

Jaret

Awards. Go to AOL Music.