SR20 20th ?!?

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 14 15:31:02 CST 2008

The qualities that I love about my SE-R are ones that I still want in a
(hypothetical) new car, and while one can still find such cars, you do
give up some nimbleness and light weight, even if you gain foo-foo
(where did Jim F. go? :) ) features. If I were to buy a new car it would
probably come down to a Mazda 3 (non-turbo) or a GTI, and while I might
prefer the GTI I'd likely get the Mazda anyway b/c of the reliability.
But while my G20 gets 31-36 mpg (at or above EPA rating) on trips and my
SE-R, when I still took it on trips, slightly less, even a regular mazda
3 is only rated at 30 or 31. I am so used to pretty good mileage that it
is practically a requirement for me, but hard to meet with C-segment
cars, never mind D-segment. A Mini would be so much fun, but not the
most reliable, and a little too small even in Clubman form. I suspect
(b/s I haven't driven one) that a Civic with more low-end torque would
fit the SE-R-ness bill very well. The (relative) torquiness and
flexibility of the SE-R is one of the things I really like about it.

David

P.S. Ron, still got your old header on my B13! :)