NX2000 Exhaust - Update

Matthew Ostlund sr20ve at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 10:19:03 CST 2008

Greg trust me, go with a Borla.  I was running a 3" VRS on my SE-R
using the longest resonator and a 5x8 magnaflow muffler and it was too
loud and had a nasty drone on the highway.  This is on a turbo car
mind you, they are more quiet than NA cars.  I saw a good deal on a 3"
VRS piping kit on the forum so I bought it.  I had the new system made
with a Borla muffler and I decided to run without a resonator until I
found a good deal on one.  Well much to my delight I found that the
new system was much quieter and had no drone anymore.  I've decided
that I'm not even going to add a resonator as its quiet enough now
as-is.

PS  I also had a 3" VRS on my VE NX with the longest resonator and a
Thermal R&D muffler very similar in design to the Magnaflow muffler
and it was *shockingly* loud on the big lobes.  I would literally
scare people on the road next to me!  It was by far the loudest car at
the 2005 convention and people commented to me that they knew I was
coming down the long straight without even looking for my car.

Matt Ostlund
Pittsburgh, PA