NX2000 Exhaust

Greg Amy grega at pobox.com
Mon Feb 4 09:28:54 CST 2008

I want to thank you all for your quick responses, I'll
try to answer a few q's...

Mark, thanks for the feedback on build quality. I note
yours does not have the muffler and resonator; if I
were to buy out-of-the-box from them I'd buy both.

Steve, I'm going with 3", as that's the size of the
Gen 6 header I have. Do you think that VRS' resonator
is sufficient? Here's some pics of their system:

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/NEW_ITEMS/new_items.html

I've got a Borla on the NX now, with a 2-1/4" system.
It's the NisMo muffler, bought last year (hell, the
entire exhaust system, from head to tail, was new last
year.) Good sound.

I'm also interested to see how this will work out with
emissions, though I'll still run a catalytic converter
 and we'll have full tuning capability via CalumSult.
I pretty much can tune in whatever emissions I want,
in exchange for drivability, then put it back after
the tests.

Tim, Jerry's was also straight-through? The flapper
idea is intriguing, but probably more trouble than I'm
interested in.

Frank, I'm not familiar with the HKS system. Do they
offer 3"? Any details or URLs you could refer me to?

Chris, thanks for the admonition to buy stainless. I
was twisting the idea around to go with aluminized,
but even though I probably won't drive it in the
winter weather (I've got a 4WD Excursion for that),
the last thing I want is $500 down the pot after a
year or two.

Anyone know if their welds and flanges are stainless,
too?

Blair, please do send to me those muffler/resonator
part numbers. I don't mind fabbing up the exhaust.
Chris, you say that VRS would be willing to use
specific mufflers on request?

Greg