Fora?

Lawrence Weeks lweeks at anabasis.net
Wed Dec 12 14:18:41 CST 2007

Hey,

It may not be the best time to broach this subject, but what the hell.

As most of you know, I own se-r.net and sr20de.net. Back when Searl
(anybody heard from that guy in like a decade?) gave up se-r.net and
gave me the content, I put it up on a server, and volunteers starting
operating it. It grew for a while. The site is pretty much defunct
now. I don't know that it has been updated in years. So, I've been
mulling over what to do with it, well, for a long time, especially
when it comes time to renew the domain registrations yearly. This
little burst of angst provides some impetus.

So, how about a wiki? Think it would be worth setting up to try to
inject some life back into those domains, keeping the current content
archived as well? It seems to me that a wiki would be a good
complement to a forum (or even a mailing list!) as a repository for
information that isn't discussion, in the spirit of what se-r.net
is/was. Any thoughts? I'm not sure when I'd have any time to set
something like that up, my time being so overcomitted these days, but
I'm willing to put some time in at some point if it is worthwhile.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd