SR20 Forum - BLAH!

mike kojima choaderboy2 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 10:30:23 CST 2007

Labors of love were one thing but creating really
great content is another.  For great content delivered
in a timely mannor by reliable professionals costs
money.

Since I left Nissan, my goal was to make NPM a
professional publication with quality reading.  Even
my own writing in NPM was sort of crappy because I
saved my best efforts for SCC, Turbo, GRM, etc, the
guys who paid. Myself, Aaron Labeau and Jeff Nayert
devoted our full time professional efforts to the
launch of our new on line mag, interactive WEB 2.0
site motoIQ.

Mike Young who was cheif editor of NPM is currently
suing us for ownership of NPM/motoIQ and the resulting
finatial ruin has killed everything, hence no updates.

We were going to have an editorial budjet and have
editors like Dave Coleman on board.  Dave was going to
be a managing editor.  It would be like getting a sub
to several top magazines for free.

Of course we were going to have to have advertising to
pay for it, but we figured that for the content,
people would put up with it if it was not obnoxious.

Greed is an amazing motivator for some people.  I am
being sued for an amazingly large amout of money
outside of the corporation.  Stuff that is not
supposed to happen.

You can only expect a certain level of quality if
there is no money in it before people burn out.  Matt
Hunt got burned out.  You cannot fault him.  We were
in the same position.  We were tired of the effort
that NPM took with no payoff.  We decided to either
quit or make it pay off.  I wish we had quit.