ECU talk

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 23:29:42 CST 2007

Well, back in June when I first started talking about stand-alone engine
management, the idea was met with some resistance, some encouragement,
and some straight-up doubters.

I'm proud to say the car is up and running now. It should have been much
sooner, but as this combination of FWD SR20 and VEMS ECU has never been
done before, I had to break new ground.

I still have a few minor problems, but the car works, and pulls very hard.

I'll be putting maps up and such as I finalize the tuning, so look for
those soon. Also, there aren't many pictures posted, which should change
too. As of right now I pull on a stock SE-R pretty well, and more-so
than I used to.

Here's a link to my project page again:

http://www.vems.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=215.0

It is very technical and boring up until page 8 where it gets more
interesting, and honestly I'd skip to page 8 unless you have a morbid
curiousity, and wish for way too much detail.

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R (Finished VEMS, going turbo)
1994 Black SE-R (with sunroof and shiny new clutch/5th gear)