Avoid JGY like the PLAGUE!!

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Mon Jun 25 08:53:15 CDT 2007

Kevin Hart wrote:

> turbo, for example.  You have to pay 100 bucks more and wait who knows
> how long to get your JWT retuned.  CalumSult ECU, you can twiddle with
> your injector values that day and be running again.  Sure you can blow
> your motor, but you can blow it by cranking the boost up without
> adding more fuel...people do it every day.

Yes but for those who don't know what they are doing $100 is worth not
blowing up a motor.

> Thought you said it wasnt about an HP prize ;)

For those who where thinking JWT can't make power.

> Yup.  It is safe, Yup you bet.  Is it 'pig rich', good chance.  And
> Ray, what about cold start hesitation???  ;

I'd rather have pig rich then almost blowing up.  How many JWT cars blow
up that actually are running the injector/maf combo that they ordered?
How many other tunable ecu's have blown up?  Safety.  As for Cold start
it lasts less then 10 minutes and is a big wooopdie do.   That will get
fixed and I would have gotten Thomas and Eric free programs since they
complain the most about it.   It's really not that big of a deal.

> good product.  It has now lagged behind.  If Wolf would have put some
> time into it, and the programs they sell to the general public, I
> wouldnt think the way I do.

Time pfffft.  Remember JWT isn't just working on crap for our shit
boxes.  350Z, 300zx, 240, SE-R, G35, Titan.   Now add to that not just
ECU stuff.  Alot of time has been put in.

> JWT could have done a RealTime board but
> that doesnt make good business sense to them.

Have you talked to anyone at JWT about this?  Don't put words in there
mouths?   I've spoken to them about this whole subject numerous times
and more then I want to.

> I am a HUGE supporter
> of open source, and Calum has went about his process in that sort of

You act like JWT is microshaft. :)

> is great for someone that doesnt plan to change anything major on

Shoot my Turbo car has been running since 2001 and I haven't changed
anything in that time.   It started out as a 3bar 50# injector cobra MAF
with water injection and it's still that way.

 > their car, or if they do can take the down time from shipping their
> ECU's.  One benefit you get from any stock like Nissan ECU is the

I assume you are talking about a program upgrade as you'll have to do
this for a new Calum or JWT upgrade.   Program changes have *NEVER*
required you to ship it back.   Ask for a chip and they will send you
the chip.  No down time involved.

> community, but for bang for your buck, a CalumSult RealTime is well
> worth it.

For someone who knows what they are doing and has access to dyno time.
For someone who wants a plug and play solution JWT is still so much simpler.

RK