vrs - Apexi "silencer"

Jerry Eads jerryeads at joimail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:48:19 CDT 2007

Hey Matt- sorry took me so long to re-post; been out and about and the laptop wouldn't hook to wireless.
The Apexi valve is useful.  I actually don't use it all that much, esp. since the B13 no longer has to serve as a dd (an old Max took that role).  BUT, it serves to quiet down the drone quite well.  Doesn't make it QUIET, mind you, but holds down the din.  If you slam it all the way shut it actually shuts it up more, but I've always been cautious about that.  Several times I've forgotten to open it back up before stepping on it, and while no damage, I worry about blowing gaskets and such.  While it's sprung to make sure it opens when you push in the cable, it is NOT spring loaded so that it'll open by pressure.
  Only untoward thing it did was about a week after I got everything together the butterfly came loose from the shaft - when I went in, one screw had gone bye-bye.  TG I have small hands and Miko had made me do 3", else it would have been impossible, but I managed to get another screw in there, and used Loctite this time on both.  It's stayed put since.