E-brake adjustment.

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 11 11:05:10 CST 2007

At 10:18 AM 2/11/2007, Ben Fenner wrote:
>My emergency brake has been less than stellar for quite a long time.
>It's far from locking up the rear tires when fully engaged. I'll
>probably be replacing the entire rear brake assembly soon. Is it
>likely it just needs and adjustment, or should I go and buy a

There are two cables and a bunch of other hardware.  And it's a bitch
to get to (buried under heat shields and the exhaust).  You probably
don't want to mess with it unless really necessary.  You can try
adjusting it -- there's a bolt head under the lever you can reach
with a long extension.  I think it's supposed to have "8 clicks" on
the lever when adjusted.

Or your calipers might be fubar.  Super Deal:  AutoZone has a pair of
loaded calipers (new everything, including pads) for $90.

    -Wayne  '06 RSX-S / 93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata