Netwurkin'

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Wed Jan 3 01:12:21 CST 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:25 -0500, wmc2004aug wrote

> Actually I'm glad to hear there are still that many guys that do
> networking & telephony on here!

A few of us (Larry Weeks, Kurt Sussman and myself) are messing around with
Asterisk.  I've have a number of places using it.  I just completed a
project to replace a voice only T1 that was connecting two offices with two
Asterisk boxes using VOIP to connect the legacy PBX's together.  This will
save them $200/month.

> "fractional T1".  We pay about $595/month for a T1 circuit at work,
>  and only half the bandwidth or about 768Kbs in & out -- Only a 3rd

Rip off!  I have a client that pays $650 for a full T1.

> cable/DSL but snappy outbound and very reliable.

The above client has had a T1 for internet for 7 years and the circuit has
*NEVER* gone down.  Their have been a few times that the ISP had momentary
network problems preventing access outside of their network but other then
thats it.   I can't count on my fingers how many times my cable modem has
gone down!

No new progress on the motor swap.  New Years party kicked my butt!

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski