quickie question re: airbag sensors

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 14 07:44:36 CST 2006

At 07:23 AM 12/13/2006, David Pertuz wrote:
>I am trying to get some parts off of a car (plus takeoff airbags off
>a lister) so that I can repair my dad's 200SX. I know (or do I?)
>that I need the clockspring and the impact sensor. My question is:is
>there only one impact sensor I need? I am assuming it is on the rad.
>core support somewhere and can be spotted by the yellow convolute.
>I'd like to tell the guy taking it off as much as I can.
>Unfortunately I do not have the B14 FSM with me - it's with the car in Atlanta.

I have a scan of the B14 manual (into a PDF) I can send.  The
"restraint systems" chapter is a little over a meg'.  Can send you a
copy, or post on web;  lemme know.

I think your other part is a "safing sensor" (was in B13 speak
anyway) somewhere on the center console / tunnel.  I don't know about
the "replace everything" practice.  I suspect it's just a
cover-your-ass the repair shops use.  I can't believe the parts "die"
from one use.

    -Wayne  '06 RSX-S / 93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata