Engine Freshening Tips (long)

George Roffe geo3 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 9 08:13:31 CST 2006

Jon Pennington wrote:

>I have a 2001 SR20DE with about 60k miles on it, which has been in
>outdoor storage for almost two years.

   <snip>

>The essence of this engine swap is budget-minded durability without
>killing the fun factor.

    <snip>

>Does anyone have a "Garage Monkey SR20 Engine Rebuild HOWTO"?

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egeo3/beast-toc.htm

Save the pages to your HD because my geo3 site is going away soon.  I've
been meaning to kill it for a few years, but the time is coming VERY
soon.  It's my dial-up account and I have no need for a dail-up account AND
a broadband account and I've had both for years, the only reason being
keeping the site.  Going away soon.

As for the budget build, with all you are thinking about doing I think it
might be cheaper to just buy a fresh JDM engine.

Also, if you plan on breaking the glaze on the cylinders, I'm pretty sure
you're going to want to re-ring.

George Roffe
NISsport
http://www.nissport.com