moving away from the SE-R

skrracing at aol.com skrracing at aol.com
Fri Nov 17 02:59:21 CST 2006

Hello Everyone,

 I have been around this list more years than I care to count. I lurk most of the time because I know others out there possess more knowledge on the issues than I do, but I am still around. I bought my first SE-R off the showroom floor in August of 1990. And it was love at first drive. That car got totalled out about 4 years and 90 thousand miles later. I replaced it with a 1995 240SX (not sure what the hell I was thinking about there) and after about 3 years found myself a used 93 SE-R that I still have to this day. I got rid of my 240SX and bought a truck that I used for work and finally got rid of it and stepped up to a 2005 350Z Enthusiast.

No matter how much fun the Z is to drive everytime I get in the SE-R I have that big stupid ear to ear grin on my face. The Z is much nicer, more comfortable and gets a little bit better gas mileage on the highway (at least it does until I swap in 3.9 rear end gears into the Z) but I still cant bring myself to get rid of the SE-R. The Z will also run Circles around the SE-R in handling but thats ok. The SE-R is a different type of car and thats what I love about it. It does everything well and even though it doesnt stand out in any one category I will always love it still the same. MY brother in law sold his SE-R and comes down to my house every once in a while to drive mine to see what its like. Everytime he does he still kicks himself for selling his. Mine needs more stuff done to it to get it back to where it needs to be than I care to think about but I will tackle them one at a time. Little by little the SE-R will get back to it true form and maybe a little stronger in the process. Plus the one deciding factor for me is that I know if I ever need a dependable car that is fun to drive when I get into the SE-R I know its going to start everytime. Its never failed me yet. Well that my two cents, I am going back to lurking now.

Bill E.
2005 350Z Enthusiast w/ Nismo package
1993 Sentra SE-R w/ a lot of needs

 Message: 17