Lower "A" arm bushing removal.

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Wed Nov 8 19:20:24 CST 2006

I might also recommend (having done this about 10 times) that using a
sawsall or a hacksaw and cutting the inner sleeve in two places allows
it to basically fall out without doing much of anything to the outer steel.

If you ever so slightly score the outer steel, it won't really affect
the outer
steel sleeve, and a round(ish) file will smooth it out so it doesn't
affect the
poly bushing you're installing.

Heat, and pounding the inner sleeve out with a cold chisel while held
securely in a vise also works.  I've also used the O/A torch to just cut
the inner sleeve instead of a saw and it didn't do anything significant
to the control arm, although P@ mentioned that overheating the metal
you want to keep probably isn't the best of ideas, and he knows a bit
more about metallurgy than I do, so at this point, I'd probably go with
the sawsall approach.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>