Mazdaspeed 3 (was: do you miss your car)

Mike Jez BlackBirdVQ at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 21:31:58 CDT 2006

I have been SE-R less for about 4 years now, I do miss my SE-R but at the
same time I needed a much larger car but I didn't want a WRX simply because
I just didn't like how it feels very gutless stock, and after working for
Subaru as a tech and rebuild a lot of those 5spd trannies I said no way.

I bought a 01 Maxima GXE 5spd brand new and its got 170K miles on it right
now, engine is smooooth as butter- save for the weird woooshn noises coming
from under the hood I love the VQ30DE-K motor. I think last good Nissan was
the 03 Maxima, with one exception- its VQ35 motor is garbage. We see soooo
many people on my350z.com, G35driver.com, Maxima.org with failing engines
its quite ridiculous as to what kind of garbage Nissans been putting out
since 2002. I own a few cars, and currently trying to get my mom into a
Honda CRV, and I am not even looking at Nissans. They've dropped the ball
with their VK45DE, VQ35DE, QR25DE motors- which basically account for almost
all of their cars engines. They all share the same problem- oil burning. I
will stick to the old stuff, cause I don't have to send out payments every
month on it. I love old Nissans, but man after 01 all hell broke loose in
that company.

Mike Jez

01 Max

94 Q45