Mazdaspeed 3 (was: do you miss your car)

John A. Heer jheer at walterhav.com
Wed Oct 25 07:23:16 CDT 2006

A little off topic.

I might be in the market for a new car, and I was seriously intrigued
with C&D's review of the Mazdaspeed 3. Has anyone driven one yet? I need
room for wife and 3 growing boys, but I don't want to give up
performance if I can help it. The Mazdaspeed 3 tested faster than the
WRX or EVO, but it is only front-wheel drive. At 263 HP, it sounds like
it could be a subtle sleeper like the original SE-R was. Any thoughts or
comments from you knowledgeable folks? Mike K.?

John Heer
93 SE-R (rust starting to creep in)