Axxis pads (was: test of new server)

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 18 17:06:46 CDT 2006

At 04:38 PM 10/18/2006, you wrote:
>So, I need new rear pads for my G20 upgrade on my SE-R. I recall from the

"G20 upgrade" -- what did you do to it?

>For mixed street/autocross use, are any of these Axxis product lines
>recommended by the List intelligencia? If not, any recommendations
>for reasonably priced REAR pads?

I've never done any track stuff -- just street and autox.  I've
managed to get front Axxis pads to erupt into stinky white smoke on
the street, even after I broke 'em in.  They STILL had bite!

But the backs -- I always go with Nissan OEM.  They just don't seem
to contribute enough to braking to need anything radical.  I have
tried cheap Advance Auto "metallic" pads that were like having no
rear brakes at all (try pushing the button and puling up the e-brake
handle to gauge how much the rears are doing.)  The OEMs bite nicely,
hot or cold.  But I can't see getting the rears hot enough to need
anything radical unless you're going full track racing.

    -Wayne  '06 RSX-S / 93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata