Tachometer issue?

Ben Fenner fenfam at sc.rr.com
Fri Oct 13 18:53:49 CDT 2006

Have you ruled out the possability that it's a failing clutch? You're
not just experiencing slipage?
You say the problem seems to go away after things have warmed up. That
doesn't seem like any electrical, or sensor, or gauge problem I can
imagine. That sounds like a mechanical problem, possibly the clutch
slipping. But, the clutch should slip more while warm, not slip less. Is
this happening at idle? Is it just a jumpy idle that smooths out after
things have warmed up?
Need more info! =]

-Ben Fenner
1994 Black SE-R