Metal Preparation

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:21:20 CDT 2006

I have a new, shiny Magnaflow muffler for my G20.  I don't want it so
shiny, though.  I have a can of ceramic header paint, and I want to
paint the body of the muffler with the paint to subdue it and let the
shiny tip stand out.

I was thinking that a 2" ScotchBrite or medium-fine sanding disk on an
air-powered drill would do a pretty good job of scuffing the stainless
steel, but I wonder if there's any garage-based chemistry I can use to
help the paint bond a little more.  Wipe it down with brake fluid?
Dip it in bleach?  Any ideas at all?

--

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - K. Cobain