OT tires/wheels for the Skyline

Hammer Down hammer_down at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 11:32:10 CDT 2006

Skyline update:
I put my wife's new tires/wheels for her Altima on the Skyline for a "test
fit".  For a tire, I picked the 235/45-17 because a lot of manufacturers
make a decent selection of Ultra-Performance tires in that size.  I decided
on the bargain Federal SS595.  They may not have the ultimate grip of the
Falken 615 or the Hankook 212 but the occasional auto-X'er as well as a few
drift guys have reported that they stuck well, were very predictable at the
limit and the wear rate was much better than the softer tires.....  The Rim
is an ASA "BBS-Knockoff" 17" x 7.5" with a 35mm offset.  I haven't been able
to push the tires very hard yet to find the limit but they are fairly quiet
and comfortable for a "large tread block, lower profile" design and they
have a "250" tread wear.  Traction is better off the line and in regular
driving they are a huge improvement over the Blizzak Snow tires... Go
figure!!!  DOH!  They look good too!!!!

Check it out:

http://tinyurl.com/zuon8

The only bummer for me is that they will have to go on Veena's car sooner
than later....

Erik Halvorson