"Magical" Interior Lights

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 18:21:36 CDT 2006

One thing I miss about my '01 B15 is the way the interior lighting
worked.  If you left a door ajar for a few minutes, *something* would
automatically turn the dome light off for you.  It was really cool for
my radar detector, which I had patched into the map light circuit;
when I opened the door for the first time, the detector would come on.
 When I turned the car off, exited, and walked away, the detector
would stay on for a few minutes, and then the detector would be
killed.

Is this a simple timer relay?  Can I just plug this type of relay into
my '94 P10?

--

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck
Norris? ...All of it."