Swapping transmissions, NX and/or G20

Lawrence Weeks dev at anabasis.net
Wed Jul 12 00:49:35 CDT 2006

Hi,

Two weeks ago, my NX was stolen, and trashed. It is currently sitting
in the pound on its belly, no wheels, with all the oil drained into
the dirt beneath it, I presume from a broken oil pan after the car
was dragged onto and off of a truck.

I am going to recover it tomorrow, sticking some borrowed wheels on
it. Thanks Steve Lotho.

So, my question is: who has swapped a manual tranny into an automatic
NX/Sentra SE-R? I have found a cheap auto NX2000 that appears to be in
good physical shape other than some rust, pending my inspection. If
my transmission and engine have survived their ordeal, I'd swap them
over, along with most other stuff. Are there any modifications to do
to the chassis (e.g. drill holes), or is it all bolt in?

Next question: how about a G20 automatic-to-manual? I also have a line
on a VERY nice condition G20 with a dead/dying transmission. Who's
done that?

Anybody out there have a line on a black 91 or 92 NX with a good
body? Time for number three.

Larry
Lawrence Weeks                                    lweeks at anabasis.net
Anabasis Consulting Ltd