My '95 G20t is [Still] a Dog

Jon Pennington cowboydren at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:33:30 CDT 2006

On 7/1/06, Raymond Kawski <sr20de at e-rak.com> wrote:

> You could try checking the voltage at the ECU for the knock sensor to see

That may be worth a shot.  The ECU on my G is stupid easy to access,
but I don't know how to get into the harness plug.  I'm not really
well stocked on DVM and accessories. :)

> what it is.  They are a bitch to get too but you can get it from underneath
> w/o removing the axle or anything else.  I've done it twice but it requires
> a bunch of cursing.

I figured that it would take cursing.  I've been practicing my cursing
skills on the throttle body and EGR/BPT stuff this week already. :)

> What is your car doing other then "is a Dog".

When I reset the code with my GDT (just some Eqquus code reader), the
car runs just fine.  After a few days of driving, performance falls
off.  It hesitates a bit at moderate acceleration rates, and if I do a
WOT pull up the freeway on-ramp, I can watch multiple dips in the
torque curve accross the RPM band.  Pull out the GDT, reset the code,
and everything is fine.

It seems that my timing is at 170 and I only run 91o gas from Conoco
or QuikTrip (EPA Top Tier certified, for what it's worth).

--

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck
Norris? ...All of it."