squeal - front wheels

Hoover, Christopher L. chris.hoover at ngc.com
Mon Jun 5 10:33:36 CDT 2006

Frank,
	Make sure the flimsy back dust/water deflector shields aren't
rubbing the rotors.  I had this problem after I paid somebody to replace
the axles.  The mechanic had bent the shields and didn't straighten them
back out.  I had to bend them several times until I got them right.  I
would start off with no squeal and , then, when the brakes heated up,
the things started to squeal again.  I guess the heat would cause the
thin metal to warp and touch the rotors.  Don't remove the shields,
though, if you drive in the rain.  They do provide a service!  If I
recall correctly, I finally got it right when I bent them right after I
heated the brakes up.  I pulled in the garage, jacked the car up, pulled
the wheels, and bent them using a screwdriver while everything was hot.
Make sure you protect your hands and fingers from the heat...it can get
really hot in that area!

P.S.  I don't have a rear wiper on my NX...YET ;)

Chris Hoover
92 NX2000
92 SE-R (needs motor rebuild)