OT: picking a small hauler

Turbo Dog turbodog1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 17 22:42:17 CDT 2006

We are looking to buy a used small SUV or wagon w/ highway miles in the 26+ MPG category.  We are considering: Mazda6 wagon,  Dodge Magnum 3.5L, Passat 1.8 turbo wagon, Forester, RAV4, and PT Cruiser turbo.

  Any personal experience with these?
  Thanks- Pat

  92 SER turbo (retiring)
  95 SER going turbo

  My takes so far:
  The magnum was OK, a full size wagon with attitiude.
  The Passat was very nice, but bothVW's we have driven have had problems: tranny and electrical.
  Forester nice, solid choice.  Kinda blah w/o turbo
  PT GT was fun - lots of aftermarket. Seats narrow.