Toddler Seats

Darren Calbero DarrenC at ampartners.com
Mon May 15 14:00:08 CDT 2006

UPDATE!

But not totally what those that are interested about expect (at least
not yet).  I hit the local salvage yard this past Saturday and after
extensive searching of cars, first Nissans then everything else, I came
to a conclusion that few cars are readily equipped for at least the
*upper* attachment.  Some Fords have them but they are fully integrated
into the structure, others have bolt holes where you would need to bolt
in the attachment.  I finally came across what I think was a Hyundai
that had it installed.  I unbolted the anchor, which seems like how the
B13 is set up, and made my way home.  I used a good ol partially rusted
bolt (different pitch than donor) that came from somewhere else on my
car to secure the anchor plate.  That's what it is, a sort-of plate, a
flat piece of metal, bent to an S with hole punched in to create a place
where you can then clip in the upper child seat belt and of course a
hole for the bolt to go through and then into the rear deck.  Those 3
plastic pieces in the rear deck that looks as if they have flat-head
screw divits that you think only hold down the deck panel seems to
actually be the location for just this, at least they seem perfectly
aligned for it.  I put a plastic cover over the attachment point that
came from the donor then I was able to secure the child seat.  Now at
least the seat doesn't roll with the turns.

Lower attachment points really didn't seem available on all the cars I
scrounged through.  The only exception was a B15 that had one but it
required two bolt holes.  I figured I cold bolt one side down but not
sure if I would be able to do this other side.  Perhaps that may not be
too critical (hmmm bad choice of words?).  I assume there are one on
each side of the rear seat which makes available anchor points for all 3
positions but I wasn't going to give it a go (plus it wouldn't fit in my
pocket without unusual comments).

I still await Greg's call back on the part so I can get some anchors
that are a little more suited for my 15y9mo old car.