My Engine Cuts Out

Tim Rogers timrogers at charter.net
Sun May 14 12:47:44 CDT 2006

Ray wrote:

> Shouldn't make a difference.  How does the car run otherwise?  Is it
> missing?  Is it blowing any smoke?

It is missing, but not blowing any smoke.

> Have you checked your plugs?  A whacked out plug gap could make it not rev
> at higher RPM.

I pulled the plugs, they all look good, nice tan color.  I did gap them down
to about .039 just to be sure.  I also installed the EGR temp probe to stop
the code from appearing.  Still falls on its face around 6K.
I do have the AIV tube to the header disconnected, but the vacuum lines are
still hooked up.

I pulled the following with the NProbe with the car in neutral and revved up
steady-state to accentuate the miss:

TPS -.94
INJ - 3.35
O2 - .64