My Engine Cuts Out

Tim Rogers timrogers at charter.net
Sun May 14 01:30:21 CDT 2006

Wayne wrote:

> When I've had 'em do that, a whole cylinder was down because either a plug
> wire fell off the distributor, or an injector went dead.  Oh yeah --
> looking at TSB reminds me -- cat converter meltdown.

Possibilities, but its like the engine hits a rev. limiter at 6200.  If it
was an off-line injector or plug, or even the clogged cat, the engine should
still rev to redline.  I just fired up the racecar using the first MAF, and
it revved right up to 7K...
I did a power balance and 3 of the cylinders were at 950, the 4th at 938(?).
I'll do another one in the AM.
The only code was for EGR as its running on a CA ECU without the CA EGR
temperature probe in place.

Tim