It Runs!

Tim Rogers timrogers at charter.net
Mon May 1 22:30:42 CDT 2006

Chris wrote:

> At 12:45 AM EDT today, my '93 Sapphire Blue NX started up for
> the first time in 4 (four) [IV] years!

> Tim

Way to go Tim.

Why's the car been down for 4 years?

I pulled a Ray Kawski / Russell McMullen boo-boo of not torquing the bolts
on the upper timing chain guide after installing my S-3s.  Meant to check
the FSM since that part was not included in the motor JWT had prototyped the
cam install on.  Got too excited, forgot they were just finger-tight when I
put the valve cover on.
Bolt broke timing chain, piston bent valves, general slackness and lack of
time made the rebuild go on forever.

But now I'm back.

Tim