Alternator light on at high rpms?

Torry Skurski ezcheese15 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 22:41:38 CDT 2006

Well, I took the alternator to a repair shop that tested it.  They found
nothing wrong with it.  They even took it apart for me and checked out
everything and said no components were bad either.

The guy thought that I might have a bad ground.  So I put the alternator
back in the car last night, only to find out that when I tried to start
my car, my MAF went out.so it won't run.  So, I swapped MAF's with my
mom's car (she also has a QR), and the car ran fine, no alt light.  BUT,
my secondary intake valves weren't functioning.  So I pulled the intake
manifold apart to find a piece of metal lodged between a plate and an
intake runner.  So I fixed that, but I had to give my mom's MAF back to
her.  So.needless to say I'm overnighting a used MAF to me in exchange
for a bar of gold so that I can have the car running in time to drive up
to PA.  So hopefully, the alternator light will continue to stay out, my
new MAF will work, my secondary intake valves will work, and I don't run
into any more nightmares in the next few days :-)