Kid in a toy store

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 25 08:47:06 CDT 2006

At 07:00 AM 4/25/2006, Frank Ewald wrote:
>I've been going to wrecking yards to source some odds and ends. Most
>major item I needed was the rear wiper arm.

Cool....  I didn't think there were any junkyards left that let you
manually pick over cars like that.  That hardware stuff can be bought
new from Nissan for not too much money.  Except a lot of dealer parts
counters don't like the hassle of locating nickle & dime stuff.  So
order y'all a Parts CD-Rom from
Courtesy:  http://www.courtesyparts.com/publications/B13.html  and
get the numbers yourself.  Might want to order from somewhere else,
though;  Courtesy F***s up about [aboot] 60% of the orders I place with them.

>going to go back and grab the complete tail light and head light
>units ...Any other suggestions for what I should grab?

Transmission!  Any 2000-specific parts:  the plastic nose and air
dam.  Get the seats for the lower rails - you can mount SE-R and
other seats and not have your head sticking out the t-top.  The
center console with storage bin.  Center panel & switches (around
radio & hvac.)  T-top shades & hatch cover.

>my tripmeter doesn't reset properly.  Have any of you taken apart
>the actual instrument panel? If I get a working one from my NX "toy
>store" could I pop that into my original instrument panel?

I took the clear cover off one.  The separate gauges can be swapped,
but the trip-meter is integral to the speedo / odo' IIRC.  I have a
panel from a cable-drive 1991 / 92 car with 90K-something on the
clock I'd let go for very cheap.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata