coated pistons?

Jon turboser3006 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 9 23:16:19 CDT 2006

Does anyone know if Nissan coated pistons around '96? I am working on a
'96 GA16 and the valves/pistons seem like they might be coated... I
thought about polishing. If they are coated... any thoughts on whether
its better to leave the coating or polish?

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how well this engine fits
together. I did similar work on a '92 SR20 and the intake/exh ports
weren't nearly as well matched as this GA16. Just eyeballing I don't
think there was more than 1/32" of mismatch in the intake. The exhaust
manifold is about normal with maybe 1/16", but I've seen a lot worse.

thanks,

Jon Davis