15 years ago

Eric Hope Sentras at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 7 06:57:11 CDT 2006

Better late to chime in than never:

July 23, 1995 is the day I finally found my first SE-R.

It's not quite 15 yrs but I can say it's felt like a lifetime. I found
this SE-R only by luck. Since I was 18 and have never driven a standard
shift car, I bought one of the infamous automatics. I remember looking
at three other SE-R's before finally finding this one. Right as I drove
up to this SE-R, and before I even got out I said, "I want it." On the
test drive I knew it was really the car I've been waiting for. (I owned
a 1993 Sentra XE before this) Even though it is an automatic, it really
"takes off!" Years later and much wiser thanks mainly to the success of
this list, I started hunting a 5-speed. I ended up finding a 1/1991 in
San Francisco in like new condition. I flew out there the next day and
bought it. Even though it was June of 2003 and the SE-R had 80,000mi. it
still flew like it was new. Over the next two days in California I had
the time of my life on Hwy 1. After that I had it shipped to Florida
which took a week of worry since the truck had to drive through a
hurricane to get here. But when it arrived everything was fine. I still
have both of my SE-R's and wouldn't give them up for the world.

It's nice to know that there are still many old faces on the list.

Eric in FL.