15 years ago

Shahed Hussain mhussain at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 3 08:51:24 CDT 2006

I've been lurking on this list since the early 1990's.  I haven't paid much
attention since 2002 when my 1991 SE-R was totalled after over 160K miles,
but I still check out the list from time to time.

The SE-R was the first new car I owned.  It replaced a trusty, but slow
Datsun 210 inherited from my Dad.  I went looking for an SE-R at the local
dealer in Grand Rapids, MI, but all they had was a black SE.  The SE was fun
to drive, but I wanted the SE-R.

A trade with an Ohio dealer got me everything I wanted: black color, a
sunroof, & ABS.  I picked up the car on Friday, March 15, 1991 and burned up
the entire tank of gas that weekend.  A few blasts to 110 mph and the 7500
rpm redline convinced me that this car was just what I needed.

I loved blowing off much "faster" cars all the time.  Drivers were shocked
that a boxy Sentra showed them its taillights repeatedly.  I couldn't stop
laughing.

I can honestly say that despite owning and driving many other much faster
cars, my black Sentra SE-R is still one of the most enjoyable cars I have
driven.  I still miss it.

Shahed Hussain
1994 Nissan 300ZX
2003 Nissan Maxima SE (6-speed)