Alternator light on at high rpms?

Torry Skurski ezcheese15 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 20:41:52 CDT 2006

So I got this problem with my car.

Recently, in the last couple of days, my car has had a problem where the
alternator light comes on when I am under WOT at high RPM's.  When I
left off the throttle, and the RPM's drop, the light goes out when it
gets below about 4k rpm.  This same thing happened to me before, and it
turned out to be my waterpump (it had a bad bearing, causing the drive
belt to slip).  However, this time I don't have belt squeal.  Also,
before, when it was the water pump, it would flicker at any rpm.  Now it
is solid-on, but only at high rpms.  Anyone have any ideas?  I haven't
begun to diagnose it yet, but I'd like to get some ideas brewing so I
have somewhere to begin.  Help?  Car is an '02 se-r.