your tire choice?

Frank Ewald frank_ewald at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 9 19:02:46 CST 2006

I know that this is personal preference, has been discussed a great
deal, but I'm curious what your recent tire choice is?

I'm going to be getting new tires for my NX. Currently Yokohama AVS
ES100 - 195 50 15, I've also had Hankook Ventus K103. My overall
experience with the Yokohama has been very good. The Hankooks were
better at cornering, but I didn't have good experience otherwise. The
dealer eventually took them back because they wouldn't stay balanced
for more than a week.
This is for street use in summer only, some lapping days. I need good
rain capabilities and cornering performance. I look forward to your
suggestions and experience.
Thanks,
Frank
PS the snow is melting in Ontario, Canada but it's still winter tires
here. Do you guys already have your summer tires on?