Personal Dilemna

Steve Hirsch shirsch at ptc.com
Wed Jan 18 14:33:31 CST 2006

<long-time on-and-off lurker here...>

Do you do track events?  Ever consider building it up into a dedicated
track car?  Though, preserving the stock personality of the car may be
part of your emotional attachment, with which I'd sympathize.

Im kind of in the same boat as you are - I'll be 33 in May, I got my 93
SE-R in June of 96 (kind of a graduation present to myself).  It was my
daily driver until Jan 2004 (200kmi), at which point I got an 04 WRX and
garaged the SE-R, because I couldnt bear to let it go (I still can't -
the car literally represents my 20's to me!). I've recently
re-registered it, and now it's my father's daily driver (he always loved
the car as much as I did :-)

I say keep the SE-R as long as it's enjoyable *and* get a 350Z.  If you
get to the point where you don't feel the "soul" of the original car,
then sell it to a worthy buyer - someone who wants to make it into a
track car. :-)

-steve