strange hesitation

Wayne wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 18 09:49:41 CST 2006

At 02:35 AM 1/18/2006, you wrote:
>My '93 SE-R keeps having this hesitation problem.   I'm cruising on
>the freeway, 3000-3500 rpm.  All of a sudden I feel a little bucking
>and hesitation.  Almost feels like I'm driving into a 100 mph
>headwind.  The car stumbles like this for 5-10 seconds then it goes
>away.  It'll do this every few

Check the troubleshooting TSB - my scan is
here:
http://www.xxiii.com/~wcox/Nissan_B13_Engine_Driveability_Diagnosis_TSB.pdf

It suggests MAF ground or wiring.  I'd also check the battery cables,
esp the grounds, at the engine & chassis attachments and the battery
posts.   And as you suggested, vacuum lines including the intake duct.

It's probably something that's coming open when the engine moves around.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata