Stolen Car List

Randall Rensch randy at rensch.com
Sun Nov 13 22:47:31 CST 2005

>wonder what percentage of those Sentras
>were SE-R's?

Not sure it matters, since they're not stealing them for the engine.
When mine was stolen a in 2001, according to the city they took
everything but the engine. OTOH, the city also said Sanitation crushed
the leftovers, but it seems to have been retitled the next month. I
wouldn't be surprised if someone bought it at auction and put the parts
back on. Attempts to get an accounting were stonewalled. (Act III in
this triple-theft.)

I happened to see a guy washing an SE-R the next summer, on the same
block in my neighborhood where it had been swiped. He said he'd traded a
Jetta for it.  When I started looking it over, you never saw anyone
drive away in a wet car so fast!  That's when I checked the title, but
unfortunately didn't catch his VIN.

Randy R