For love of the car

Turbo Dog turbodog1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 31 17:42:51 CST 2005

As one the older timers I remember Back in the Day
when we got 20 posts a day. Uphill in blinding snow on
a 14.4 dialup connection. My cherry red SE-R came off
the line in 10/91 - my first new car along with my
forst job. I bought one of the early turbo set-ups JWT
put together for Merlin (if anyone here remembers him)
and slapped in a turbo at 98K. I'm about to turn 200K
this year. Damn the car still runs! Better than my
wife's  95 200SX SER. Had a Maxima but gave it up to
exit my first marrige. So my 92 is still a daily
driver.  The rings are terribly worn and I detonated
her at the track (yes, the plug electrodes really do
melt!)running a 13.9. Remember kids, change your fuel
filter when you   drag race your turbo! The Chicago
winters are taking a toll: clearcoat started to peel
this spring and the lower rockers are dissolving. But
I'm planning on making patch panels & fixing her up.
Maybe paint next year. Soon as I can finish grad
school and get a new car (need a 4-door), she will get
some TLC, new rings, bearings a nice set of cams. Get
her out to Route 66 strip again. They'll get my SE-R
when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Pat

92 SE-R Turbo
188k miles of smiles