JDM header

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 12 16:33:22 CDT 2005

>Found a JDM style tubular exhaust header / manifold for sale.  Are
>these anything worth trying to use?  Do they gain much power vs a
>cast iron manifold or Hotshot headers?

When you see them for sale in classifieds they seem to be on offer for
~$50. I don't know how many get sold due to having to fabricate a secondary
or modify the one you've got. I believe that the header accounts for most
of the power difference between a stock JDM DE and a stock US DE, maybe
8-10bhp (?) or a bit less than a HS header. I am sort of going on CW here,
though. I would have loved to use the one that came with my G20's engine,
but I was in no position to have the stock secondary modified. You have to
relocate the O2 sensor to the secondary, also.

David