Gas Prices

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Wed Aug 31 21:56:17 CDT 2005

Vector wrote:
Mark Holden wrote:

http://gasbuddy.com/

$3.19 for 87 Octane in the Twin Cities is the highest reported.  I
walked into an auto parts store and the station across the street was at
$2.99.  When I left after buying some Permatex #2 and Blue Loctite, it
was $3.09.

Funny thing. The parts are for my truck, which gets about 10mpg.  It
might do better once I swap in the engine I'm doing the seals on right
now (well, actually, it's done, as of this evening).

I could be driving my WRX, which gets about 20mpg on premium.  Or my
wife's Volvo, with 25mpg on midgrade.

But currently I'm driving my stripped bare, completely gutted B13 SE-R
with a suspension lift, mismatched body panels, no A/C, the infamous
1-speed blower, a 1/2 wave whip antenna on the roof, 2.25" exhaust to a
Magnaflow, no resonator, and a bank of four big-ass driving lights
across the front.  It gets 35mpg on 87Oct.

But people sure look at me funny.

-Mark Holden