Followup - Re: Power steering overheating, or?

Mark Holden mark at mnautosport.com
Tue Jul 19 19:05:04 CDT 2005

Chris Pronios wrote:

>MArk, what exactly do you mean "weirdness close to the limits of steering wheel turning"? Can you describe it a bit?

>And is there anything more to your Power steering problem than that?

How to describe this...  It just feels *wrong*.  Springy, and the effort
increases dramatically long before the wheel reaches the stops.  The
middle third of the range feels just fine, perfectly normal.  The left
third and the right third are both much, much harder than they should
be, and the feel is very inconsistent.

I've owned B13 SE-Rs for 12 years, so I know how it should feel, and
this isn't it.

I figure I've got a bad pump, or a worn rack, or both.

-Mark Holden
91 SE-R Rally Vehicle