Driver side axle

Raymond Kawski sr20de at e-rak.com
Tue Jul 5 20:35:30 CDT 2005

On Tue,  5 Jul 2005 17:41:56 -0500, David Pertuz wrote

> with (just!) the right technique, I don't think it's necessary.

Not at all.  I've probably installed the drivers side axle about 20-30 times
now on my cars and other peoples.  The tricks are:

1. grease the c-clip (already mentioned)
2. rotate the axle if it won't go in all the way (already mentioned)
3. put the car in gear or take out of gear then try #2 again

I've never had an axle not go in by hand following the above steps.  Most
times it gets past the viscous coupling and won't go into the diff.  Doing 2
and 3 above will help getting it in.

RK
--
Raymond A. Kawski