Power steering overheating, or?

wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net wmc2004aug at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 16 06:41:50 CDT 2005

At 12:25 AM 6/16/2005, you wrote:
>>Beyond using a fluid like Redline, I don't know what else you can do.

I use Mobil One ATF in cars that spec ATF for the power steering.  Auto
Zone has it on the shelf for ~$5/qt.

>>This just occurred to me - is Water Wetter chemically compatible with PS
>>fluid? IOW, will it work as a surfactant in the PS system as well?

>Ohhhhh, I like the thinking outside the box idea.  I wonder if it would work.

Seriously doubt it...  WW is water based.  Plus the reason it works in
water is you get localized boiling (like steam bubbles on the bottom of a
pan on your stove.)  Any sort'a PS fluid would probably ignite or turn to
charred sludge before boiling.  You could mix WW and PSF in a glass and see
if they're soluble at all.

    -Wayne    '93 SE-R / '93 NK2k / '90 Miata