WAS: Re: Replacing water pump NOW: Speedwrenches

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 11 23:59:32 CDT 2005

Speedwrenches are (pardon the Snoopism) the shiznit. I got mine at Sears,
but I don't recall what their name for them is. When I replaced my G20's
alternator the other day they probably only saved me a couple of minutes,
but those couple of minutes feel like 15 when you can zip-zip-zip a couple
of bolts off instead of taking the box-end off and relocating it every 1/8
turn. The Sears wrenches have very fine ratchets on them, too. They will
save lots of time in taking the pulley off of the WP and putting it back on
again. I wish the swivel-head ratchet had a finer mechanism in it, but
often the difference between 5 minutes to take a bolt out and 1 minute is
the ability to rotate the handle to clear something that's in the way. It's
the sort of thing that just makes working on the car more pelasant.

David