Replacing water pump

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 11 14:03:50 CDT 2005

>How hard is it to replace the water pump on a '93 SE-R?
>I've done it on American cars and a Civic.
>Just remove right front wheel.  Replace pump.  Adjust belt.  3 hours for me
>- a slow mechanic?

If you're slow (like me), it's more like a 5- or 6-hour job on an SE-R. It
is sort of a pain in the butt because
of the lack of space and all the stuff that's in the way. You have to jack
the engine up and down a few times
to get access to all of the WP bolts. It is a bit easier on a G20 since
there's a little more room. Rick Zotz's
(I think it's his, anyway) writeup on se-r.net is a great thing to have on
hand if you've never done it before. A
10mm speedwrench (especially!) and a swiveling-head low-profile ratchet are
very useful. It's easier if you
don't have AC, which sounds unlikely for someone in Houston.

David